|Generation Rate||$0.0856 per kWh|
|Rate Plan||Variable Rate|
|Service Location||Full address information has not yet been provided. If you are in the process of filling out the enrollment form, please complete all requred fields and press "Next Step"|
|Contract Term & Expiration||The length of your contract is first three (3) months billing cycles. Your utility company will determine the date your service will begin through Discount Power. Your service start date will likely be at the end of your current or next billing cycle, depending on the timing of you enrollment and where you are in your current billing cycle. Your contract expires after first three (3) months billing cycles.|
|Contract Renewal||Your contract automatically renews at a variable rate after the contract term. Discount Power, Inc. will notify you between 30 to 60 days prior to the renewal date.|
|Other Fees||There is a $0 early termination fee should your contract with Discount Power end prior to the conclusion of first three (3) months billing cycles. In order to avoid this fee, you must maintain Discount Power as your supplier for first three (3) months billing cycles, beginning with the date set by your utility company.|
|Right to Cancel||You can cancel this contract at any time without penalty within the 3 day rescission period. You do not need to contact Discount Power, Inc. to cancel. You can contact Connecticut Light and Power to return to Standard Service or enroll with another supplier to cancel service.|
|Emissions & Generation Mix||Refer to the Disclosure Label located HERE.|
|Supplier Contact Information||Supplier's Name - Discount Power, Inc.
PURA Docket No. 08-09-14
Website - www.discountpowerinc.com
Discount Power's toll-free number - 877-259-7693
|Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA) Contact Information||You can contact the PURA with questions about licensed suppliers and Generation Rates or to file a complaint.
PURA's Consumer Services Unit - 800-382-4586
PURA's website - www.ct.gov/pura
Your enrollment documentation, which includes the Contract Summary and these Terms and Conditions, creates the agreement for electric generation service between you (also referred to as "you" "your" and "customer") and Discount Power, Inc. ("DPI") ("Agreement"). Subject to DPI's acceptance of this agreement and enrollment by your Electric Distribution Company ("EDC"), you agree to become a DPI customer for purposes of supplying the electric generation portion of your electric service and you agree to DPI being your agent for purposes of arranging for your electric generation needs. In order to facilitate that service, you hereby consent to your EDC giving DPI access to your utility information, which includes your account number, payment history, load profile and usage as well as other information related to your electric account. DPI will not give or sell your personal information to any unaffiliated party without your consent unless we are required to do so by law or it is necessary to enforce this Terms and Conditions.
Right of Rescission - You may cancel your enrollment and rescind this agreement without penalty at any time before midnight of the 3rd business day after executing this agreement ("Rescission Period").
Background: DPI is licensed by the Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority ("PURA") to offer and supply electric generation services in Connecticut; our PURA license number is 08-09-14. We set the generation prices and charges that you pay, PURA regulates distribution prices and services. You will receive a single bill from the Electric Distribution Company that will contain the EDC's charges and DPI's charges.
Definitions: Generation Charge - Part of the basic service charges on every customer's bill for producing electricity. Generation prices and charges are set by the electric generation supplier you have chosen. Generation service is competitively priced and is not regulated by the Public Utility Commission. This charge depends on the contract between the customer and the supplier. Distribution Charge - Part of the basic service charges on every customer's bill for delivering electricity from the electric distribution company to your home or business. The Public Utility Commission regulates distribution prices and services. This charge will vary according to how much electricity you use. Your EDC will continue to be solely responsible for the delivery of electricity to your locations through its transmission and distribution facilities.
Terms of Service:
1. Rates, Billing and Payment - You will pay the price indicated on the Contract Summary for the Initial Term. The price will remain constant for the Initial Term of the contract which is identified on the Contract Summary. Thereafter, the price will convert to a Variable Monthly rate. Licensed Electric Suppliers are required to post the highest and lowest generation service charge rate that was billed to their customers under a variable rate offer in each of the preceding 12 months. You can find this at www.discountpowerinc.com/ct-rates or on the supplier Rate Board that is maintained by the Public Utilities Regulatory Authority at www.energizect.com/compare-energy-suppliers. All prices exclude applicable state and local Sales Taxes. If you are claiming exemption from any tax, you must provide an exemption certificate or acceptable alternate proof of exemption. You will receive a single bill from your EDC that includes DPI's Generation Charges as well as the EDC's delivery charges. The bill will contain, among other charges, the EDC's delivery charge, any other charges collected by the EDC and DPI's Generation Charge for the amount of electricity you used during the billing cycle. The amount of electricity used by you will be measured or estimated by the EDC. Your payment will be due to the EDC by the date specified in the EDC bill. If you fail to pay it on time, you could be subject to interest and late charges imposed by the EDC, and your service could be disconnected.
2. Length of Agreement - You will buy your electric generation service for the applicable account(s) from DPI beginning on the date that is set by your EDC.
3. Penalties, Fees and Exceptions - After the right of rescission period ends, cancellation fees in the total amount of $0 will apply if your service with Discount Power ends with respect to a fixed price contract prior to the end of the Initial Term. There is no cancellation fee applied for the termination of month-to-month variable service.
4. Price Variability - Pursuant to CT law, variable rates may be increased 25% at any one time without notice to the customer.
5. Cancellation Provisions - For all contracts, either party can cancel by contacting the other. Timing of your cancellation is subject to utility tariff provisions, including the timing of the EDC's reading of your meter. You can call, write or contact DPI electronically to cancel this agreement (contact information below). If DPI is going to cancel this agreement, we will send you one (1) written notice at least 30 days in advance. Non-Payment: If your electric service is terminated by your EDC, then this agreement is cancelled on the date your electric service is terminated. You will owe us for amounts unpaid for our charges for electric generation service up to the date of cancellation. Company-Initiated Cancellation: If we cancel this agreement for any reason other than for customer non-payment, we will follow applicable rules in providing notice to you. Customer-Initiated Cancellation: If you elect to cancel this agreement prior to the initial term, you will pay a cancellation fee as set forth above. If you elect to cancel after the initial term there is no cancellation fee. Customer Move: This agreement is cancelled if you move from the account address. Following cancellation of service under this agreement you may contact your EDC (contact information below) to arrange for service from a default service provider.
6. Renewal Provision/Agreement Expiration/Change in Terms - You specifically consent to receive notices by mail from DPI. If you have a fixed term contract approaching the expiration date, or whenever we propose a change to the terms of service in any type of contract, you will receive written notifications that within 45 days before expiration date or the effective date of the proposed changes. These notifications will explain your options going forward. For Fixed Rate plans, following the end of the Initial Term you will pay a Monthly Variable Rate if you do not respond to any of these subsequent notices. The Variable Rate will be calculated monthly based on a variable price methodology. The Variable Rate may change on a month-to-month basis in response to market conditions. You can find our current rates at www.discountpowerinc.com/ct-rates or by calling us at 1-877-259-7693.
7. Contact Information - If you need to contact DPI, you can write to us at: Discount Power, Inc., 6 Armstrong Road, Shelton, CT 06484 or you can call us weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET at 1-877-259-7693, or visit us on the web at www.discountpowerinc.com. If you have an electric outage, service interruption or other emergency, or billing question, you can contact your EDC: Connecticut Light & Power: 1-800-286-2000; United Illuminating: 1-800-722-5584. To contact Connecticut PURA: Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority, Ten Franklin Square, New Britain, CT 06051, Toll free: 1-800-382-4586, TDD: 860-827-2837.
8. Limitation of Liability - LIABILITIES NOT EXCUSED BY REASON OF FORCE MAJEURE OR OTHERWISE SHALL BE LIMITED TO DIRECT ACTUAL DAMAGES. DPI WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR INDIRECT DAMAGES. DPI IS NOT LIABLE FOR INTERRUPTIONS TO, OR SHORTAGES OF, ELECTRICITY SUPPLY, NOR ANY ASSOCIATED LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING THEREFROM. THESE LIMITATIONS APPLY WITHOUT REGARD TO THE CAUSE OF ANY LIABILITY OR DAMAGE. THERE ARE NO THIRD-PARTY BENEFICIARIES TO THIS AGREEMENT.
9. Representations and Warranties - THE ELECTRICITY PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL MEET THE STANDARDS OF THE APPLICABLE EDC AND WILL BE SUPPLIED FROM A VARIETY OF ELECTRIC GENERATION SOURCES INCLUDING THE ELECTRICITY PROVIDED PURSUANT TO ANY RENEWABLE ENERGY PRODUCT REQUIREMENT. DPI MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THOSE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT. DPI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
10. Assignment - DPI may assign this agreement to another Connecticut licensed electricity supplier in its sole discretion. DPI will provide 45 days prior notice before assignment. After assignment, DPI will have no further obligations under this agreement. This agreement is binding upon you and DPI, and will further bind each of your successors and permitted assigns.
Please retain this document for your records.